Rob Evans, Paymentshield CEO, reflects on 2019 performance in his latest blog.
The start of a new year provides time for reflection that we don’t tend to get during the hectic treadmill of everyday life.
Before we jump into February and the exciting things it will bring, it’s important to acknowledge the achievements of 2019 and thank our partners, advisers, customers, and the PSL team, because, without them, none of this happens!
Here are just some of the key highlights:
- 106,000 new customers, smashing sales records and nearly doubling what we achieved in 2015;
- 27,000 new lettings customers, 75% more than in 2018;
- Handled 9,967 adviser agency registrations and amendments
- Our in-house retention team saved £4,686,114 in gross written premium, keeping the income flowing for advisers;
- 500 online customer reviews which have helped us achieve an ‘excellent’ overall customer service rating on Feefo and Trustpilot;
- 15 new benefits for advisers added to Adviser Hub;
- Launched a new suite of flexible, advanced, industry-leading APIs which helped us be named in the top 75 Tech and eCommerce Companies for 2019 by Prolific North (the only insurance company to make it onto the list!);
- 10,615 advisers completing 448,908 transactions on Adviser Hub;
- Over 11,500 adviser resources, sales aids, and client guides were downloaded from our adviser toolkit
- 272,574 phone calls answered, including 203,801 from policyholders and 68,773 from advisers;
- More than 650,000 items of post and 18,000 emails processed;
- 20,000 single-use plastic cups and 50,000 plastic teaspoons saved by replacing them with reusable water bottles and CPLA plant-based cutlery;
- Paymentshield colleagues volunteered nearly 400 days to local charities whilst raising over £8,000 for our charity of the year, Merefield School, who help children with severe physical and learning difficulties;
I am very lucky to work with an amazing group of 240 passionate and brilliant people in the Paymentshield team. I am also very grateful to all our partners and customers for choosing Paymentshield.
Thank you and I look forward to doing more, helping more and achieving more with you in 2020!