To ensure our Home Emergency provider, Coplus, are able to continue to provide help for the most urgent home emergencies in these challenging times, the deployment of tradespeople will be limited to situations that present a risk to health and safety, or to maintain essential living facilities.
Each claim will be assessed on a case by case basis, with particular regard to vulnerability, however, the following list is indicative of where emergency support will still be deployed:
- Any issue where there is a risk of injury or serious property damage
- Complete loss of power or lighting in the home, or loss of power to kitchen appliances
- No usable bathing facilities available to the customer (usually one bath or shower unless there are special circumstances)
- No usable toilet facilities available to the customer (usually one facility unless there are special circumstances)
- No water supply to the property
- Blocked drains (this work can usually be completed externally)
- Unsecure property
This approach will apply until the current government restrictions are updated. For any claims which would normally be classed as emergency but they are unable to provide support for at this time, a claim will be created and a tradesperson will still be deployed at a later date. Customers will be asked to call back after the loosening of restrictions to progress the repair.
For customers without heating, we'll offer reimbursement of the cost of temporary heaters (up to £40).