For most, receiving rental income in full and on time is essential to cover mortgage and other associated payments. Even the best tenants can find their circumstances suddenly changing, such as redundancy or long term sickness, meaning they're unable to pay the rent.
Our Rent Protection gives your clients peace of mind that they won’t lose out if their tenant can't, or won't, pay the rent. We also include legal expenses cover as standard to cover the legal fees needed to evict the tenant and regain vacant possession of the property.
Whether they're a landlord or letting agent, we've got them covered:
- For the full monthly rent payment, with a range of cover limits to suit their needs, up to a maximum of £15,000 per month
- 75% of the monthly rent payable for up to 2 months after vacant possession has been gained
- Up to £100,000 per claim towards legal costs to evict a tenant
- A choice of 6 or 12 months cover
- 24 hour legal advice helpline for queries relating to the letting of the property
We want to let you know...
As with all insurance policies there are circumstances when cover can't be offered or a claim paid. For example, where a satisfactory tenant reference for each tenant hasn't been obtained, any claim relating to violence of dishonesty on the part of the policyholder, legal expenses incurred without our prior consent and any claim for Rent Protection where there is no related claim being pursued to evict the tenant.
These are only examples. For full details of what's covered and what's not covered please read our Rent Protection policy booklet. Alternatively you can find further information in our Insurance Product Information Document for Rent Protection.